The Property Accountant is responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements (cash and accrual) on assigned Office, Industrial, Association, Construction/Development, Partnership and Retail projects. The role works closely with various property managers to complete the monthly reporting packages which are sent to our Clients. Assignments based on experience level and product type currently managed.
At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Nice. Smart. Honest. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page.
- 1-3+ years related accounting/reporting experience.
- Individual should demonstrate quantitative analytical and accounting skills commensurate with experience level.
- Intermediate competence in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of various accounting software: MRI and Yardi preferred. Real estate experience an added bonus.
- Good understanding of accounting principles.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Listens with understanding.
- Ability to interact with team members and Clients.
- Displays a high level of self-motivation, ability to multi-task with various daily and monthly duties and thrives in deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to take initiative in solving routine problems, and presents potential solutions or ideas to manager or supervisor for feedback with more complex issues /or problems.
- Provide internal and external reporting of Projects’ financial results.
- Prepare internal and external reporting packages, working with property management to analyze financial performance and develop reports.
- Support budgeting process and expense reconciliation preparation through review of data.
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc analysis and reports as required.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Act as an internal and external customer service leader, and assists manager with more complex issues. Mentors and shares knowledge with team members.
- Preparation of monthly financial statement packages including: creating and posting journal entries recorded to the general ledger, fixed asset depreciation and amortization roll-forward, in-depth review of general ledger and income statement, bank statement reconciliations, property manager variance comment review, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure internal and external deadlines are met and utilize experience and industry knowledge to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Frequent communication and interaction with property management team.
- Interact with Client as needed on basic/complex issues with assistance from manager or supervisor on more advanced issues.
- Preparation and submission of Sales & Use Tax returns as applicable.
- Project cash management; Ensure critical timely payment of utilities, taxes, and mortgages and owner distributions.
- Review and posting of cash receipts and review and process payment of vendor invoices.
- Assist manager with transition of project assignments.
- Ensure compliance with SOC I requirements for self and property management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or comparable education background.
- Accounting classes and experience required.