Bret Morriss joined Stream in September 2017 to serve as Managing Director of the firm’s San Diego office. In this role, Bret’s primary function is to manage the real estate services office, a team responsible for acquisitions, leasing, property management and development in the San Diego market.
Morriss has a successful history in commercial real estate, having been previously responsible for due diligence and closing of more than $2 billion in loans on commercial real estate assets at Goldman Sachs in New York. Additionally, he has underwritten and valued hundreds of hospitality, office, medical, retail, multifamily, manufactured housing and storage properties, and portfolios nationwide.
Prior to Goldman Sachs, Morriss was engaged in Capital Markets, Investment Sales at Cushman Wakefield, concentrating on office sales, valuation, capital structure, marketing and relationship building in the Washington, DC market.
Bret is a pilot in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve. He has led more than 250 combat missions in Iraq and Afghanistan with over 850 combat flight hours and acted as a pilot for Marine Helicopter Squadron One (HMX-1), responsible for the transportation of the President of the United States, Vice President, Cabinet members and other dignitaries.
- Services Open or Close Open or Close
- Advisory Services
- Asset Management
- Brokerage/Transaction Specialist
- Investment Sales
- Landlord Representation
- Property Management
- Tenant Representation
- Education & Designations Open or Close Open or Close
- University of California Los Angeles, Anderson School of Business, Master of Business Administration
- Virginia Tech, Pamplin School of Business, Bachelor of Science in Business IT
- Affiliations Open or Close Open or Close
- Dog Tag Brewing Foundation; Board of Directors
- San Diego Downtown Partnership
- San Diego Military Advisory