At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Nice. Smart. Honest. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page.
- 1-3+ years related accounting/reporting experience.
- Individual should demonstrate quantitative analytical and accounting skills commensurate with experience level.
- Basic to Intermediate competence in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of various accounting software: MRI and Yardi preferred. Real estate experience a plus.
- Good understanding of accounting principles.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Listens with understanding.
- Displays a high level of motivation, ability to multi-task with various daily and monthly duties and thrives in deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to take initiative in solving routine problems but includes manager or supervisor in more complex issues /or problems.
- Minimum education requirement is a Bachelor’s degree. Accounting classes and experience required.
- Provide internal and external reporting of Projects’ financial results.
- Prepare internal and external reporting packages, working with property management to analyze financial performance and develop reports.
- Support budgeting process and expense reconciliation preparation through review of data.
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Effectively communicates with manager or supervisor regarding deadlines, complex issues, and processes and procedures.
- Preparation of monthly financial statement packages includes: creating and posting journal entries recorded to the general ledger, fixed asset depreciation and amortization roll-forward, review of general ledger and income statement, bank statement reconciliations, property manager variance comment review, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Frequent communication and interaction with property management team with limited interaction with Client.
- Preparation and submission of Sales & Use Tax returns as applicable.
- Project cash management: ensure critical timely payment of utilities, taxes, and mortgages and owner distributions.
- Review and posting of cash receipts and review and process payment of vendor invoices.
- Ensure compliance with SOC I requirements for self and property management team.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or comparable education background