At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Nice. Smart. Honest. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page.
- 1-3+ years related accounting/reporting experience.
- Individual should demonstrate quantitative analytical and accounting skills commensurate with experience level.
- Intermediate competence in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of various accounting software: MRI and Yardi preferred. Real estate experience an added bonus.
- Good understanding of accounting principles.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Listens with understanding.
- Ability to interact with team members and Clients.
- Displays a high level of self-motivation, ability to multi-task with various daily and monthly duties and thrives in deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to take initiative in solving routine problems, and presents potential solutions or ideas to manager or supervisor for feedback with more complex issues /or problems.
- Provide internal and external reporting of Projects’ financial results.
- Prepare internal and external reporting packages, working with property management to analyze financial performance and develop reports.
- Support budgeting process and expense reconciliation preparation through review of data.
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc analysis and reports as required.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Act as an internal and external customer service leader, and assists manager with more complex issues. Mentors and shares knowledge with team members.
- Preparation of monthly financial statement packages including: creating and posting journal entries recorded to the general ledger, fixed asset depreciation and amortization roll-forward, in-depth review of general ledger and income statement, bank statement reconciliations, property manager variance comment review, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure internal and external deadlines are met and utilize experience and industry knowledge to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Frequent communication and interaction with property management team.
- Interact with Client as needed on basic/complex issues with assistance from manager or supervisor on more advanced issues.
- Preparation and submission of Sales & Use Tax returns as applicable.
- Project cash management; Ensure critical timely payment of utilities, taxes, and mortgages and owner distributions.
- Review and posting of cash receipts and review and process payment of vendor invoices.
- Assist manager with transition of project assignments.
- Ensure compliance with SOC I requirements for self and property management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or comparable education background.
- Accounting classes and experience required.