At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Nice. Smart. Honest. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page.
- Previous management experience required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight; comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents; write reports and manuals; make effective presentations on general topics to an internal department and/or large groups.
- Exhibit a high level of commitment to customer service with clients as well as co-workers.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of accounting methods (cash, accrual, and full GAAP) and financial terms and principles.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences; handle complex employee issues confidentially and fairly.
- Display good organizational skills, attention to detail, and openness to new ideas and procedures.
- Lead and direct a team of accountants in preparing financials for industrial, office, retail, development/construction, association and data center projects on behalf of Clients.
- Coordinate tasks and assignments based on capacity, individual experience, and Client requirements.
- Act as a liaison between the Client, property management and the project accounting team.
- Act as a single point of contact for assigned Clients and ensure Client requests are completed in a timely manner with the utmost professionalism.
- Review financial statement packages prior to submittal to Clients to ensure accuracy and consistency of report presentation.
- Work in collaboration with the property management team and assigned accountant to successfully transition properties whether newly managed, acquired, sold or foreclosed.
- Identify training needs, track performance, coach, prepare year-end reviews, and motivate team.
- Lead transition and setup of new property assignments.
- Promote positive internal and external customer service including open and constructive communication with property management to foster a positive relationship.
- Assist accountants with processing and/or calculating debt, real estate taxes, sales tax, margin tax, deferred rent and owner distributions.
- Ensure proper recording of purchased and sold projects as well as loan refinancing.
- Update and maintain current project information for the internal tracking database.
- Review presentation of fixed assets for appropriate depreciation/amortization.
- Develop and facilitate training for the accountants for real estate specific accounting processes, variance analysis review, budget review, operating expense reconciliation review, and accounting software.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Stream Policies and Procedures and ensure accountants’ compliance with same.
- Provide “Best Practices” accounting policy and procedures guidance and direction to accountants and property management.
- Work with supervisor to update Project Accounting policies and procedures as needed.
- Coordinate Client requests on an “as needed” basis.
- Review and approve accountant’s wire transfers.
- Review and stamp checks.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance with 5+ years’ experience.