At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Nice. Smart. Honest. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Must have construction project management or construction management experience.
- Must be able to read construction drawings, visualize missing information and understand the parts, pieces, materials, means, and methods required to build a building.
- Must be able to lead a team of consultants and contractors through the various phases of pricing and construction.
- Must be able to interact in a professional manner with Owners, Brokers, Architects, Engineers, Contractors, etc.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time
- Must be able to identify areas of risk and exposure when pricing a project
- Must be able to meet with clients and visit jobsites for due-diligence, pricing and project management purposes.
- Well Organized
- Must Anticipate and Plan Ahead
- Must be proficient with computer hardware and software including, but not limited to, PCs, Apple Computer Products, MS Office, MS Project, etc.
- Focus on serving the Customer
- Interpersonal Skills / Relationship Building
- Results Oriented
- Exhibits a desire to learn and develop oneself
- Demonstrates teamwork
- Time management
- Negotiating Skills
- Problem Solving
- Contribute to growing the business
Budgeting and Preconstruction Phases:
Once a project or scope of work is identified:
- Construction Manager coordinates the creation of Construction Documents by the appropriate consultants.
- Construction Manager takes or attends any due diligence trips required to assess the requirements of the project as well as all existing conditions that will influence the project.
- Works with Architects, Owners, Engineers, and Contractors in formulating accurate and complete scopes of work and budgets. This effort may require the Construction Manager to take a client’s “idea”, discern all of the pieces required to complete the project, create a conceptual budget and create an outline of the required scopes of work, trades and work sequencing that will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the entire scope of the project.
- The Construction Manager will lead the project team in translating the scope of work and project sequencing into construction documents.
- The Construction Manager actively works with the client and design team to create and incorporate value-adding ideas while maintaining the vision of the project. The Construction Manager does not simply reduce scope or strong-arm contractor pricing to meet budgets.
- The Construction Manager will also create or assist in creating the schedule and sequencing of the project so accurate expectations can be conveyed to the customer and project team.
- The Construction Manager solicits pricing information and/or bids from general contractors, sub-contractors, and suppliers.
- The Construction Manager prepares job specific instructions to bidders and bid forms for each project.
- The Construction Manager produces accurate and thorough takeoffs as well as planning, leading, and coordinating pre-bid and bid meetings.
- The Construction Manager creates project estimates and analysis of general contractor, subcontractor and supplier bids as well as calculating Stream Realty related Soft Costs and Fees, permits, insurance, licenses, taxes, and fee costs for the project in order to calculate a complete cost estimate.
- The Construction Manager checks references on prospective general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Conducts post-bid and pre-buy meetings and negotiation/scope review meetings.
- The Construction Manager writes and/or coordinates Contracts, Subcontracts, Purchase Orders and Owner Contracts and is responsible for follow-up until executed.
The Construction Manager will lead in the project management of projects by:
- Coordinating the preparation of submittal logs.
- Coordinating the preparation of submittal logs.
- Coordinating the preparation of material delivery schedules and logs.
- Coordination of and assistance in the creation and maintenance of project schedules.
- Coordinating and leading weekly project progress meetings.
- Promote Stream’s and/or Owner Client’s safety policies to contractors to set expectations in the contracting process.
- Coordinate the update of drawings.
- Coordinates and manages change requests including pricing review, submittal, follow-up and the creation of change orders to all parties.
- Oversees pay application verification and processing including lien waivers for both Owners and Sub/Suppliers.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly reports to clients.
- Leads project close-out processes and paperwork.
- The Construction Manager builds lasting relationships with owners, design teams, subcontractors, suppliers and Stream team by acting with the highest level of ethics and integrity.
- The Construction Manager develops trust and confidence by understanding and being attentive to the needs and expectations of the entire project team.
- The Construction Manager networks with Owners, architects, engineers and other business development prospects in the community and assists in business development to secure new work.
Assists with the following
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings
- Preparing correspondence
- Managing files and records (electronic and hard copy)
- Creating forms, spreadsheets and presentations
- Researching and preparing reports and proposals
- Mail and overnight coordination
- Printing, copying and scanning as required to support the projects and team.
- Assists with maintaining the Contact Database.
- Assists with Marketing Ideas.
- Anticipates the needs of the project and team in advance and communicates the expectations and requirements early to avoid as many urgent requests and emergencies as possible.
- Constantly communicates with co-workers and outside clients and tenants on project status.
- Provides follow-up and status reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related area preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related construction experience.