At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Nice. Smart. Honest. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight; comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents; write reports and manuals; make effective presentations on general topics to an internal department and/or large groups
- Lead and direct a team of accountants in preparing accurate and timely financials for industrial, office, retail, development/construction, association and data center projects on behalf of Clients.
- Effectively delegate workloads and inspire and motivate accountants; high level of commitment to customer service, whether co-workers or Client.
- In depth understanding of accounting methods (cash, accrual, and full GAAP) and financial terms and principles.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences; handle complex employee issues confidentially and fairly; good organizational skills, attention to detail, and openness to new ideas and procedures.
- Act as a single point of contact for assigned Clients. Ensure Client requests are completed in a timely manner with a high degree of professionalism.
- Act as a liaison between the Client, property management and the project accounting team.
- Work in collaboration with property management team and assigned accountant to successfully transition properties whether newly managed, acquired, sold or foreclosed.
- Maintain an in depth understanding of Stream Policies and Procedures and ensure accountants’ compliance with same.
- Effectively manage project accountants consisting of Staff, Senior, Managing Senior Accountants and Accounting Manager. Direct reports are Managing Senior Accountants and Accounting Managers.
- Coordinate tasks and assignments to accountants based on capacity, experience, and Client requirements.
- Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, year-end reviews, and motivating accountants.
- Lead transition and setup of new property assignments
- Promote positive internal and external customer service. Includes open and constructive communication with property management to foster a positive relationship.
- Review financial statement packages prior to submittal to Clients. Ensure accuracy and consistency of report presentation.
- Assist accountants with processing and/or calculating debt, real estate taxes, sales tax, margin tax, deferred rent and owner distributions.
- Ensure proper recording of purchased and sold projects as well as loan refinancing.
- Update and maintain current project information for the internal tracking database.
- Review presentation of fixed assets for appropriate depreciation/amortization.
- Develop and facilitate training for the accountants for real estate specific accounting processes, variance analysis review, budget review, operating expense reconciliation review, and accounting software.
- Provide “Best Practices”, accounting policy and procedures guidance and direction to accountants and property management
- Work with supervisor to update Project Accounting policies and procedures as needed.
- Coordinate Client requests on an as needed basis.
- Perform bank admin duties (set up users, etc).
- Review and approve accountant’s wires.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance with 10+ years’ experience. Previous management experience required. CPA license preferred.