At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Nice. Smart. Honest. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page.
- 5 – 15+ years related accounting/reporting experience
- Demonstrates intermediate/advanced quantitative analytical and accounting skills, a clear understanding of accounting principles, and ability to solve complex issues
- Intermediate/advanced competence in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Various accounting software packages: MRI and Yardi previous experience is preferred
- Real Estate experience required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with a passion for customer service
- Listens with understanding
- High level of motivation, ability to multi-task, ability to take initiative while thriving in deadline-oriented environment
- Takes initiative to mentor accountants and volunteers for additional responsibilities and special projects
- Prior limited supervision a plus with demonstrated ownership/leadership of assigned projects
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service
- Assist Accounting Manager with special projects and provide team leadership
- Open to new processes and suggests efficiencies for project accounting
- Provide in depth review, support and guidance during budgeting process and expense reconciliation preparation to property management team and accountants/team members
- Perform secondary review for new accountants/team members
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc analysis and reporting with limited direction from manager
- Preparation of monthly financial statement packages includes: creating and posting journal entries recorded to the general ledger, fixed asset depreciation and amortization roll-forward, advanced review of general ledger and income statement, bank statement reconciliations, in depth review of property manager variance comments, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation and submission of Sales & Use Tax returns as applicable.
- Project cash management: ensure critical timely payment of utilities, taxes, mortgages and owner distributions.
- Review and posting of cash receipts along with review and process payment of vendor invoices.
- Frequent communication and interaction with property management team and limited assignment of client relationship contacts.
- Supervision of assigned accountants/team members with evaluation of their work product for accuracy and completeness.
- Identify training needs and provide technical guidance to accountants/team members.
- Assist Accounting Manager with transition and setup of new project assignments.
- Properly records the closing statement for purchased projects and/or sale of projects.
- Ensure compliance with SOC I requirements for self and property management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree w/Accounting classes required.