At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Nice. Smart. Honest. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page.
- Medical office and/or hospital shell and interior construction management experience (>500,000 SF in completed projects preferred)
- Experience in TDSHS licensing process for specialized medical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and hospitals. Out-of-state licensing experience preferred but not required.
- Intimate knowledge of the pre-development and development processes including all necessary due diligence and investigation activities
- Ability to read construction drawings, visualize missing information and understand the parts, pieces, materials, means, and methods required to build a building
- Prepare professional bid qualification materials as may be necessary
- Proficient in leading a team of consultants and contractors through the various phases of pricing, bidding and construction
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with Owners, Brokers, Architects, Engineers, Contractors, etc.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient manner, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of identifying areas of risk and exposure when pricing a project
- Willing to meet with clients and visit jobsites for due-diligence, pricing and project management purposes
- Well Organized
- Possess the skills to anticipate needs and plan ahead; proactive problem solving, not reactive
- Must be proficient with technology, including customary software related to position, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Revit, etc.
Budgeting and Preconstruction:
- Manages and coordinates the consultant selection process, assisting and providing the owner guidance in making an informed decision
- Coordinates the creation of Construction Documents by the appropriate consultants.
- Takes/Attends any due diligence trips required to assess the requirements of the project as well as all existing conditions that will influence the project.
- Works with Architects, Owners, Engineers, and Contractors in formulating accurate and complete scopes of work and budgets.
- Leads the project team in translating the scope of work and project sequencing into construction documents.
- Creates or assist in creating the schedule and sequencing of the project so accurate expectations can be conveyed to the customer and project team.
- Engages consultants in value engineering exercises for the benefit of the project, understanding the fine line between saving money and compromising quality.
- Solicits pricing information and/or bids from general contractors, sub-contractors, and suppliers.
- Prepares job specific instructions to bidders and bid forms for each project.
- Produces accurate and thorough takeoffs as well as planning, leading, and coordinating pre-bid and bid meetings.
- Creates project estimates and analysis of general contractor, subcontractor and supplier bids as well as calculating Stream Realty related Soft Costs and Fees, permits, insurance, licenses, taxes, and fee costs for the project in order to calculate a complete cost estimate.
- Checks references on prospective general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Conducts post-bid and pre-buy meetings and negotiation/scope review meetings.
- Writes and/or coordinates Contracts, Subcontracts, Purchase Orders and Owner Contracts and is responsible for follow-up until executed.
- Coordinates the preparation of submittal logs.
- Coordinates the preparation of material delivery schedules and logs.
- Coordinating of and assistance in the creation and maintenance of project schedules.
- Coordinating and leading weekly project progress meetings.
- Promotes Stream’s and/or Owner Client’s safety policies to contractors to set expectations in the contracting process.
- Coordinates the update of drawings.
- Coordinates and manages change requests including pricing review, submittal, follow-up and the creation of change orders to all parties.
- Oversees pay application verification and processing including lien waivers for both Owners and Sub/Suppliers.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly reports to clients.
- Leads project close-out processes and paperwork.
- Performs on the construction loan draw process including all necessary reporting to clients and lenders
- Builds lasting relationships with owners, design teams, subcontractors, suppliers and Stream team by acting with the highest level of ethics and integrity.
- Develops trust and confidence by understanding and being attentive to the needs and expectations of the entire project team.
- Networks with owners, architects, engineers and other business development prospects in the community and assists in business development to secure new work.
Assists with the following:
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings
- Preparing correspondence
- Managing files and records (electronic and hard copy)
- Creating forms, spreadsheets and presentations
- Researching and preparing reports and proposals
- Assists with maintaining the Contact Database.
- Assists with Marketing Ideas.
- Anticipates the needs of the project and team in advance and communicates the expectations and requirements early to avoid as many urgent requests and emergencies as possible.
- Constantly communicates with co-workers and outside clients and tenants on project status.
- Provides follow-up and status reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related area preferred.
- Minimum 5 years project management experience in a leadership role.