At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Nice. Smart. Honest. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page.
• 1-3+ years related accounting/reporting experience.
• Individual should demonstrate quantitative analytical and accounting skills commensurate with experience level.
• Basic to Intermediate competence in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
• Knowledge of various accounting software: MRI and Yardi preferred. Real estate experience a plus.
• Good understanding of accounting principles.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Listens with understanding.
• Displays a high level of motivation, ability to multi-task with various daily and monthly duties and thrives in deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to take initiative in solving routine problems but includes manager or supervisor in more complex issues /or problems.
• Minimum education requirement is a Bachelor’s degree. Masters’ Degree Preferred. Accounting classes and experience required.
• Provide internal and external reporting of Projects’ financial results.
• Prepare internal and external reporting packages, working with property management to analyze financial performance and develop reports.
• Support budgeting process and expense reconciliation preparation through review of data.
• Prepare recurring and ad hoc analysis and reporting.
• Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
• Effectively communicates with manager or supervisor regarding deadlines, complex issues, and processes and procedures.
• Preparation of monthly financial statement packages includes: creating and posting journal entries recorded to the general ledger, fixed asset depreciation and amortization roll-forward, review of general ledger and income statement, bank statement reconciliations, property manager variance comment review, and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Frequent communication and interaction with property management team with limited interaction with Client.
• Preparation and submission of Sales & Use Tax returns as applicable.
• Project cash management: ensure critical timely payment of utilities, taxes, and mortgages and owner distributions.
• Review and posting of cash receipts and review and process payment of vendor invoices.
• Ensure compliance with SOC I requirements for self and property management team.
• Other duties as assigned.