Senior Property Accountant I
The Senior Property Accountant is responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements (cash and accrual) on assigned Office, Industrial, Association, Construction/Development, Partnerships, Retail, and Multi-family projects. Works closely with property manager to complete monthly reporting package sent to the Client. Assignments based on intermediate experience level and product type currently managed.
- 3-5+ years related accounting/reporting experience.
- Individual should demonstrate quantitative analytical and accounting skills commensurate with experience level.
- Intermediate competence in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- MRI and Yardi intermediate experience is a plus with real estate experience as an added bonus.
- Intermediate understanding of accounting principles and ability to apply same to assignments, interaction with Clients and team members.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Listens with understanding.
- Displays a high level of self- motivation, ability to multi-task and thrives in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to take initiative in solving routine/advanced problems but presents possible solutions to manager or supervisor for feedback regarding more complex issues /or problems.
- Provide internal and external reporting of Projects’ financial results.
- Works with property management and provides in depth analysis of the project’s financial performance.
- Supports budgeting process and expense reconciliation preparation review of data at a basic/intermediate level with limited direction from manager.
- Prepares recurring and ad hoc analysis and reporting with limited direction from manager.
- Is an internal and external customer service leader and assists manager with more complex issues.
- Mentors and shares knowledge with team members.
- Preparation of monthly financial statement packages includes: creating and posting journal entries recorded to the general ledger, fixed asset depreciation and amortization roll-forward, in depth review of general ledger and income statement, bank statement reconciliations, in depth property manager variance comment review, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensures internal and external deadlines are met and utilizes experience and industry knowledge to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Frequent verbal and written communication and interaction with property management team and manager. Interacts with Client as needed on basic/complex issues with assistance from manager or supervisor on more advanced issues.
- Preparation and submission of Sales & Use Tax returns as applicable.
- Project cash management: ensure critical timely payment of utilities, taxes, mortgages and owner distributions.
- Review and posting of cash receipts. Review and process payment of vendor invoices.
- Assist manager with transition of project assignments.
- Ensure compliance with SOC I requirements for self and property management team.
- Other duties as assigned.