The Property Accountant will ensure that the financial statements for their portfolio are completed timely and accurately. This includes, detailed review of monthly financial statements and general ledger along with reviewing daily transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance with internal and external policies. Additionally, Accountants assist the Property Management team with the completion of Annual Budgets and Reconciliations.
At Stream Realty, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Smart. Honest. Nice. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page.
- 1-4 years related accounting/reporting experience.
- Analytical and accounting skills commensurate with experience level.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Listens with comprehension, asks questions for clarification.
- Ability to interact with Clients and team members.
- Intermediate competence in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of various accounting software; Yardi and/or MRI experience is a plus.
- Self- motivation, ability to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to take initiative in solving routine/advanced problems, and present possible solutions to supervisor for feedback regarding more complex issues or problems.
- Real estate industry experience is a plus.
- Provide internal and external reporting of Property financial results.
- Prepare internal and external reporting packages, working with property management to analyze financial performance and develop reports.
- Support the budgeting process and expense reconciliation preparation through review of data.
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc analysis and reports as required.
- Provide excellent external and internal customer service.
- Preparation of monthly financial statement packages which include in-depth review of general ledger and income statement, bank statement reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, creating and posting journal entries recorded to the general ledger, fixed asset depreciation and amortization, and property manager variance comment review.
- Ensure internal and external deadlines are met.
- Communication and interaction with property management team(s).
- Interact with Clients as needed on basic/complex issues, and with assistance from manager or supervisor on more advanced issues.
- Preparation and submission of Sales & Use Tax returns as applicable.
- Cash management of Projects’; Ensure critical timely payment of utilities, taxes, mortgages and owner distributions.
- Review and posting of cash receipts.
- Review and payment processing of vendor invoices.
- Assist manager with transition of project assignments.
- Ensure compliance with SOC I requirements for self and property management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or comparable education background.
- Accounting classes and experience required.