The Accounting Assistant will assist the Corporate Accounting team with day to day responsibilities including Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable with a direct focus on internal and external customer service; the position will also be a direct contact for vendors, employees, and some clients.
At Stream Realty, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. Our high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Smart. Honest. Nice. Passionate. Our goal is to have fun and make money.
- Prior experience with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Attention to Detail
- Basic accounting skills and knowledge
- Mathematical aptitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Yardi and AvidXchange
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Typing skills 30+ wpm
- 10-Key by touch
- Accounts Payable: Code invoices and verify proper backup in the payables system, forward to Corporate Accountant for approval; The emphasis is on timeliness and accuracy.
- Accounts Receivable: Prepare deposits, take to bank (or scan) for deposit, and enter into system. Retrieve payment details for lockbox receipts from banking application and enter into the system; Serve as backup for generating invoices for internal and external clients.
- Compile support for customer invoices. Ensure support is complete and in the correct order.
- Administrative duties.
- Research payment history for vendors and assist as needed with accounts receivable research.
- Communicate with employees, clients, and vendors.
- Assist with data entry in Excel templates.