The Assistant Property Manager will provide first-class property management services and assist the Property Manager in overseeing a portfolio for the Stream Houston market. Position is located at Houston Hobby at Vibe Hobby. Day to day responsibilities include customer service, budgeting, and property oversight.
At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Smart. Honest. Nice. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page.
- Commercial Property Management and Real Estate industry experience required
- Office Property Management experience is preferred
- Previous financial services industry experience and strong accounting experience required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic accounting skills and knowledge
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Administrative duties
- Provide daily assistance and support to Property Manager in management of portfolio
- Property Management and Tenant relations experience
- Proficient in accounting and budgeting tools
- Property scheduling and communication with tenants and vendors
- Work with the Property Manager to resolve property management issues.
- Work closely with and supervise vendors to ensure compliance with service contracts.
- Recommend and/or authorize vendor contracts as appropriate
- Assist the Property Manager with the preparation of operating and capital budgets as well as operating expense reconciliations.
- Assemble, review and assist the Property Manager in the implementation of the approved operating and capital budgets.
- Assist the Property Manager as appropriate in coordinating insurance procurement, electricity procurement and real estate tax review processes for properties.
- Conduct routine property inspections to prevent/identify problems and exposures.
- Ensure adherence to owners’ policies and procedures, as well as compliance with codes, regulations and governmental agency directives.
- Assure optimal functioning of building life safety and security systems.
- Follow established AR/AP guidelines including contacting tenants to follow-up on payment status and assisting property manager in lock-outs as necessary.
- Reviewing and ensuring accuracy of accounts payables.
- Receive work order requests and coordinate with the building technician or vendor as appropriate.
- Schedule building activity including move-ins/move-outs, and verify insurance.
- Collaborates with Property Manager to maintain personal contact with owners.
- Assist Property Manager in the preparation of monthly reports according to owner’s needs.
- Ensure compliance with management agreements.
- Work with the Property Manager to facilitate property management, accounting, marketing and construction needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred