Under general supervision, performs skilled journey level assignments in trades such as heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), electrical, and/or plumbing work in the installation, maintenance, of buildings, and structures and related duties as required. Incumbents may lead the work of others including those in the same classification.
At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Smart. Honest. Nice. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page.
Knowledge of: Methods, materials, and equipment used in HVAC, plumbing or electrical trades; and use and operation of equipment and related systems; and the locations of typical system failures; basic operations, tools, and terms used in building maintenance and repair work; safe work practices and first aid.
Skill to: Use hand and power tools used in the carpentry, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing trades.
Ability to: Evaluate a problem or situation and arrive at a logical decision; make correct estimates and select materials; work independently; work under pressure; prioritize assigned work; identify and correct safety hazards; lift and carry objects safely; climb ladders to various heights; use a variety of hand and power tools safely and efficiently; design and fabricate special tools, devices, and replacement parts; learn policies and procedures, and the locations of buildings; lead the work of others; develop and maintain cooperative relationships with individuals from different departments or organizations; perform manual labor; and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
Incumbents must possess the physical and mental capacity to work under the conditions described in this document and to perform the duties required by their assigned position.
- Installs, inspects, repairs, and maintains mechanical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems and related components.
- Recovers refrigerants.
- Minor repairs of electrical systems and related components.
- Inspect and repairs plumbing systems and related components.
- Leads other trade workers on special assignments and/or projects.
- Provides training and guidance to other trade workers.
- Provides on-site coordination/consultation with, and communication to, outside contractors regarding the location and repair of systems and structures bordering the area involved in the contract work.
- Installs, repairs, and replaces doors and building hardware.
- Performs rough and finish carpentry and plastering/drywall of buildings and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is the advanced journey level in the Building Maintenance field, reporting to the Building Operations Supervisor. Although incumbents typically specialize in the installation, maintenance, and repair of entire HVAC, or plumbing systems and equipment, including pumps, assignments may be made in any skill area. Assignments and objectives are established for the employee. Work review is occasional and usually upon employee initiation, when problems, changes to established procedures and/or policy issues are involved, or a result of customer comment. Incumbents are expected to diagnose problems, consider alternative solutions, and select and implement the most effective solution without close supervision.
Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to satisfactory job performance would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge, skills and abilities would be: Five years’ experience in semi-skilled electrical, HVAC, plumbing, maintenance and/or repair work.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain by time of appointment, a valid Driver License is required. Failure to maintain this license will result in discipline up to and including termination.
- HVAC Assignments: Possession of, or ability to obtain as a condition of successful completion of
the probationary period, a valid refrigerant recovery certificate.