The Fund Accountant is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day accounting for one or more assigned investment funds. The role works closely with the Fund team.
At Stream Realty, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. Our high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Smart. Honest. Nice. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page. http://streamrealty.com/about/
- 1-5 years related accounting and reporting experience.
- Analytical and accounting skills commensurate with experience level.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact with internal and external partners.
- Intermediate competence in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Self-motivation and self-discipline.
- Problem solving ability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Maintain books for the Fund(s); Submit quarterly for Fund Accounting Manager’s review.
- Prepare quarterly financial statements with notes for the audit.
- Follow Fair Value Accounting.
- Follow Institutional limited Partners Association Best Practices.
- Prepare Debt Compliance and submit to lender (Fund level).
- Prepare Capital Call and Distribution notice for partners.
- Review property-level financials and work with property accountants on any questions/corrections.
- Ensure property debt payments are made and lender reporting requirements are met.
- Provide auditors requested items and various schedules for the annual audit.
- Review Valuations twice a year.
- Review Property-level tax returns.
- Provide tax preparers various schedules and requested items for preparation of the tax returns.
- Review Fund level tax returns.
- Work with tax preparers to ensure state tax withholding requirements are met.