Stream Charlotte is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician for an office portfolio. Under general supervision, performs skilled level assignments in trades such as heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), electrical, and/or plumbing work in the installation, maintenance, of buildings, and structures and related duties as required. Incumbents may assist and support the work of others based on property assignment.
At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Smart. Honest. Nice. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page.
Knowledge of: Methods, materials, and equipment used in HVAC, plumbing or electrical trades; changing codes, regulations, and technology; theory, design, and use and operation of equipment and related systems; and the locations of typical system failures; basic operations, tools, and terms used in building maintenance and repair work; safe work practices and first aid; and addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and geometry
Skill to: Use hand and power tools used in the carpentry, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing trades.
Ability to: Evaluate a problem or situation and arrive at a logical decision; make correct estimates and select materials; work independently; work under pressure; ability to follow direction of Building Operations Manager; prioritize assigned work; identify and correct safety hazards; lift and carry objects safely; climb ladders to various heights; use a variety of hand and power tools safely and efficiently; design and fabricate special tools, devices, and replacement parts; learn policies and procedures, and the locations of buildings; lead the work of others; provide technical training; develop and maintain cooperative relationships with individuals from different departments or organizations; perform manual labor; and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
Incumbents must possess the physical and mental capacity to work under the conditions described in this document and to perform the duties required by their assigned position.
- Installs, inspects, repairs, and maintains mechanical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems and related components.
- Recovers refrigerants.
- Installs, inspects and repairs electrical systems and related components.
- Inspects and maintains electrical and fire sprinkling systems and related components.
- Installs, inspects, repairs, and maintains plumbing and fire sprinkling systems and related components.
- Installs, inspects and maintains building structural systems and related components.
- Fabricates, installs, inspects and maintains electronic systems and subsystems (i.e., burglar and fire alarm, energy management, CAD).
- Leads other trade workers on special assignments and/or projects.
- Provides training and guidance to other trade workers.
- Installs, repairs, and replaces doors, windows and building hardware.
- Assembles, installs, repairs, and/or fabricates institutional furnishings and equipment.
- Performs rough and finish carpentry and plastering/drywall of buildings and equipment.
Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to satisfactory job performance would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge, skills and abilities would be: Two years’ experience in semi-skilled and skilled electrical, HVAC, plumbing construction, maintenance and/or repair work.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain by time of appointment, a valid Driver License is required. Failure to maintain this license will result in discipline up to and including termination.