The Commercial Office Assistant Property Manager provides first-class property management services and assists the Property Manager in overseeing a portfolio of properties or a major property. Day to day responsibilities include assisting with building operations, enhancing tenant relations, and customer service.
At Stream Realty, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. Our high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Smart. Honest. Nice. Passionate.
- 3-5 Years of experience in Commercial Property Management industry
- Excellent customer service skills
- Some accounting knowledge and skills
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with Yardi software and/or MRI software preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ambition and desire to learn and grow a career in the property management industry
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Provide daily assistance and support to Property Manager in management of portfolio or building
- Tenant and Vendor relations
- Property scheduling and communication with tenants and vendors
- Assist with accounting, reporting and budgeting tasks
- Work with the Property Manager to resolve building management issues.
- Assist the Property Manager in supervising on-site staff.
- Work closely with and supervise vendors to ensure compliance with service contracts.
- Recommend and/or authorize vendor contracts as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Property Manager to maintain personal contact with the building owners.
- Conduct routine property inspections to prevent/identify problems and exposures.
- Assure optimal functioning of building life safety and security systems.
- Ensure adherence to owners’ policies and procedures, as well as compliance with codes, regulations and governmental agency directives.
- Answer telephone as required.
- Receive work order requests and coordinate with the building technician or vendor(s) as appropriate.
- Schedule building activity including move-ins/move-outs and verify insurance.
- Follow established A/R guidelines including contacting tenants regarding follow-up on rent payment status and assisting property manager in lock-outs as necessary.
- Review and ensure the accurate coding of invoices for payment.
- Assist the Property Manager in the preparation of the monthly reporting package/financial reports according to owner’s needs.
- Assist the Property Manager with the preparation, assembly, review and implementation of the annual operating and capital budgets, as well as operating expense reconciliations.
- Assist the Property Manager as appropriate in coordinating insurance procurement, electricity procurement and real estate tax review processes for properties.
- Ensure compliance with management agreements.
- Work with the Property Manager to facilitate property management, accounting, leasing, marketing and construction needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred