The position of project manager will oversee office and industrial commercial construction projects from initial design through final completion. The project manager will be responsible for all communication, schedule, and efficient flow of a project from the planning stage through bidding, contractor selection, and substantial completion. A thorough understanding of commercial real estate brokerage, architectural design, and general construction is needed to be able to clearly communicate ideas, problems and solutions with architects, tenants, general contractors, property managers, and real estate owners and developers. In this position, he or she will be managing multiple projects at any given time, each at various stages in the construction process. Throughout this process, the project manager must manage all people involved in the project throughout each phase to deliver projects on time and within budget.
At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Nice. Smart. Honest. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page.
- Two to three years in the industry
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents
- Comprehensive knowledge of current market construction costs and trends
- Competency with contract negotiation and execution
- Assist leasing team with development of budget needs for tenant improvement requests
- Efficient organization to manage several different tasks and projects at a time
- Assist with tenant insurance needs and providing direction for such coverage
- Adaptive management styles capable of handling different personalities
- Sufficient knowledge of local municipal construction codes and permits
- Outside-the-box problem solving ability
- Proactive and driven personality