The Property Administrator position provides first-class property management services and assists the Property Manager with day to day responsibilities including Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable, office administration, customer service and enhancing tenant relations.
At Stream Realty, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. Stream seeks to gather together a group of Smart, Honest, Nice and Passionate individuals that thrive in a team environment. The goals of the team are to maximize asset value, have fun, and make money.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in Property Management or a similar/related industry
- Previous administrative or office management experience
- Attention to Detail
- Basic accounting skills and knowledge
- Mathematical aptitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Typing skills 30+ wpm
- Desire and ambition to learn and grow in the property management industry and with the company
- Administrative duties.
- Timely and accurate processing of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Assist with monthly reporting in Yardi or MRI, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Communication with tenants, vendors and building guests in person, via phone or email.
- Scheduling of vendor, tenant and leasing appointments.
- Answer telephone and screen calls for appropriate personnel; Write up messages and deliver messages to personnel or voice mail; Greet guests and notify personnel of incoming visitors; Accept deliveries/packages; Check Answering Service messages each morning and write-up and deliver as necessary.
- Receive work order requests by phone or in person; Write up work order(s), communicate with building engineer, and distribute to building engineers/janitorial; Write up Security work orders and give to Security Guards; Maintain office file of reports.
- Accounts Payable duties – code invoices and verify proper backup, forward to Property Manager for approval and enter invoices into the payables system.
- Accounts Receivable duties– prepare and send late letters on a monthly basis and follow up with tenants for payment; Prepare and send default letters when necessary. Prepare paperwork for lock-outs as needed; Refer accounts to Collections as necessary. Prepare deposits, take to bank for deposit and enter into system.
- Prepare Aging Reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports to be copied, bound and sent out to owners.
- File office documents as necessary; Prepare Lease Termination Forms and Write-off forms as necessary; Create Vendor Files; Maintain Certificates of Insurance for vendors/tenants.
- Schedule building activity including move-ins / move outs; Verify insurance.