The Senior Property Accountant is responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements (cash and accrual) on assigned Office, Industrial, Association, Construction/Development, Partnerships, and Retail. Works closely with property manager to complete monthly reporting package sent to the Client. Assignments based on intermediate experience level and product type currently managed.
At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Nice. Smart. Honest. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page.
- 3-5+ years related accounting/reporting experience.
- Individual should demonstrate quantitative analytical and accounting skills commensurate with experience level.
- Intermediate competence in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- MRI and Yardi intermediate experience is a plus with real estate experience as an added bonus.
- Intermediate understanding of accounting principles and ability to apply same to assignments, interaction with
- Clients and team members.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Listens with understanding.
- Displays a high level of self- motivation, ability to multi-task and thrives in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to take initiative in solving routine/advanced problems but presents possible solutions to manager or supervisor for feedback regarding more complex issues /or problems.
- Provide internal and external reporting of Projects’ financial results.
- Works with property management and provides in depth analysis of the project’s financial performance.
- Supports budgeting process and expense reconciliation preparation review of data at a basic/intermediate level with limited direction from manager.
- Prepares recurring and ad hoc analysis and reporting with limited direction from manager.
- Is an internal and external customer service leader and assists manager with more complex issues. Mentors and shares knowledge with team members.
- Preparation of monthly financial statement packages includes: creating and posting journal entries recorded to the general ledger, fixed asset depreciation and amortization roll-forward, in depth review of general ledger and income statement, bank statement reconciliations, in depth property manager variance comment review, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensures internal and external deadlines are met and utilizes experience and industry knowledge to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Frequent verbal and written communication and interaction with property management team and manager.
- Interacts with Client as needed on basic/complex issues with assistance from manager or supervisor on more advanced issues.
- Preparation and submission of Sales & Use Tax returns as applicable.
- Project cash management: ensure critical timely payment of utilities, taxes, mortgages and owner distributions.
- Review and posting of cash receipts. Review and process payment of vendor invoices.
- Assist manager with transition of project assignments.
- Ensure compliance with SOC I requirements for self and property management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Accounting classes and experience required