The Senior Property Accountant will ensure that the financial statements for their portfolio are completed timely and accurately. This includes, detailed review of monthly financial statements and general ledger, along with reviewing daily transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance with internal and external policies. Additionally, Accountants assist the Property Management team with the completion of Annual Budgets and Reconciliations.
At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. Our high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Smart. Honest. Nice. Passionate. More information on the firm is available on the About Stream page.
- 3-5+ years related accounting/reporting experience.
- Demonstrated quantitative analytical and accounting skills commensurate with experience level.
- Intermediate understanding of accounting principles and ability to apply those principles to job assignments.
- Intermediate competence in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to interact with Clients and team members; Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Yardi and/or MRI intermediate experience is a plus.
- Real estate industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to act and work with a high level of self- motivation, ability to multi-task, and thrive in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to take initiative in routine problem-solving, and to present possible solutions to manager or supervisor for feedback regarding more complex issues /or problems.
- Provide internal and external reporting of a portfolio/property’s financial results.
- Work with Property Management and provide in-depth analysis of the project’s financial performance.
- Support the budgeting process and expense reconciliation preparation review of data at a basic/intermediate level with limited direction from manager.
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc reports and analysis with limited direction from manager.
- Act as an internal and external customer service leader and assist the supervisor/manager with more complex issues.
- Mentor and share knowledge with team members.
- Preparation of the monthly financial statement packages for clients. This work includes creating and posting journal entries recorded to the general ledger, fixed asset depreciation and amortization schedules, in-depth review of general ledger and income statement, bank statement reconciliations, in-depth property manager variance comment review, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure internal and external reporting deadlines are met.
- Interact frequently via verbal and written communication with the property management team and the Property Manager(s).
- Interact with Clients as needed on basic/complex issues. Include supervisor or manager on advanced issues.
- Prepare and submit Sales & Use Tax returns, as applicable.
- Manage and review the Cash of each Project; Ensure critical timely payment of utilities, taxes, mortgages and owner distributions.
- Review and post cash receipts, as needed.
- Review payables; process vendor invoices for payment as needed.
- Assist Manager with transition of project assignments.
- Ensure compliance with SOC I requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Accounting classes and work experience required