The Summer Program is a ten-week internship designed to introduce students to the commercial real estate industry by providing immediate learning and networking opportunities. Participants can expect to be immersed in our firm’s unique culture while experiencing the realities of being a property manager. We have high expectations of our Summer Management Associates and full confidence in their abilities. The work we offer throughout the Summer Program is real, relevant and challenging.
At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: nice, smart, honest, and passionate.
- Actively pursuing an undergraduate degree, preferably rising juniors or seniors
- Strong interest in becoming a professional in the commercial real estate industry
- Leadership positions and involvement in extra-curricular activities on campus
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to efficient written and verbal communication
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Previous internship experience a plus
Stream is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status or any other reason prohibited by law. Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Attain knowledge in understanding the full spectrum of responsibilities and day-to-day tasks involved with property management
- Report directly to property management and building operation supervisors (or team leaders)
- Coordinate tenant improvement and project meetings to ensure a seamless transition from lease execution to lease commencement
- Assist property management team with financial reporting, operating and capital budget preparation & reforecasts
- Work to procure service contracts by interfacing directly with third-party vendors and the bid solicitation process
- Gain experience in financial analysis and value creation at the asset-level
- Assist with special projects as needed throughout duration of internship