David Blackbird co-founded Stream’s Austin office in 2006 with fellow CRE executive Derek Land. Under their leadership, the firm has grown from a two-person operation to one of Central Texas’ largest commercial real estate companies with over 100 employees and a portfolio of 30+ million square feet of institutional-grade office and industrial projects. Additionally, the office is consistently ranked as one of the ‘Best Places to Work’ by the Austin Business Journal.
During his two decades in the business, Blackbird and his partners have directly overseen over $1.5B of development and investments throughout Austin. David has vast experience with a variety of product types, including industrial, office, and mixed-use projects, with sizes encompassing millions of square feet. Over the years, David has been actively involved with several charitable organizations, donating both time and resources. Additionally, Blackbird is on the Executive Council at the University of Texas Real Estate Center and is a regular lecturer at the McCombs Business School on various CRE topics.
Prior to joining Stream, Blackbird was with Trammell Crow Company where he led leasing efforts on the firm’s industrial portfolio. Blackbird and his wife have two daughters and a son. A native of Austin, he is an avid fisherman and outdoorsman
- BS – University of Texas at Austin
Affiliations & Designations
- Board of Directors – Real Estate Council of Austin (RECA)
- Advisory Council – University of Texas Real Estate Finance and Investment Center (REFIC)
- Active Member – Commercial Leasing Brokers of Austin (CLBA)
- Past Member – Leadership Development Council
- Past Board of Directors – Heartgift Foundation
- Licensed Texas Real Estate Broker