Stream’s Houston industrial team has executed over 700,000 square feet of new leases in 2015
Stream Realty Partners, a national real estate services, development and investment firm, is proud to announce the completion of over 700,000 square feet of new industrial leases in Houston within the first 45 days of 2015.
“Despite the macroeconomic concerns related to the oil & gas markets, this has been the strongest start that we have ever experienced as an industrial team in Houston,” says Justin Robinson, partner at Stream. “These deals prove that population-centric businesses still have a strong appetite for quality distribution space and, many are still growing and making big bets on Houston and the 6.3 million consumers that reside in our MSA”, Justin states.
The following industrial deals have been completed by Stream Houston thus far in 2015:
- Matteson Hamilton and Adam Jackson represented Stream and Thackeray Partners in a 207,230 square foot lease at 8520-B South Sam Houston Parkway West in Bayou Bend Business Park.
- Justin Robinson and Kyle Valentine represented Principal Financial Group in a 185,640 square foot lease at 9401 Bay Area Boulevard in Bay Area Business Park.
- Justin Robinson and Michael Flowers represented IIT in a 171,000 square foot lease at 1113 Gillingham in Sugar Land Interchange Distribution Center. Cannon Green with Stream represented the tenant.
- Justin Robinson and Kyle Valentine represented Clarion Partners in a 143,690 square foot lease at 1521 Greens Road in The Hardy Distribution Center. Ed Frantz with CBRE represented the tenant.
- Matteson Hamilton and Jeremy Lumbreras represented DRA Advisors in a 50,372 square foot lease at 13215 – 13249 North Promenade in Freeport Business Center. Jarret Venghaus with JLL represented the tenant.
- Justin Robinson and Michael Flowers represented IIT in a 47,430 square foot lease at 13721 South Gessner in Beltway Crossing Business Park. Bill Ginder with Caldwell Companies represented the tenant.
Matteson Hamilton, managing director at Stream notes, “Houston is a tale of two cities when it comes to our industrial market; one half of the market is tied to local distribution and the other half is tied to the more specialized, crane-served type facilities which are geared more for oilfield services and heavy manufacturing companies. Stream’s fastball is the first subset which we track at approximately 261,000,000 square feet market wide, and a very healthy 4.8% vacant through the end of 2014.”
“If you were to track all of our team’s 2015 transactions to date it would total over 1,000,000 square feet including renewals and other deals – a positive note for us, our clients, and the Houston industrial market as a whole,” said Hamilton.
Stream Houston’s industrial portfolio now exceeds 21,000,000 square feet of leasing and management business with many of the country’s leading institutional owners.
For more information about Stream please visit www.streamrealty.com.
Stream Realty Partners, L.P. (Stream) is a national, commercial real estate firm with locations across the country. Stream’s full-service offering covers the broad spectrum of leasing, management, development, construction, and investment sales services across the commercial and multifamily industry. In addition, Stream specializes in sourcing acquisition and development opportunities for the firm and its clients. Since its formation in 1996, Stream has grown from its two original partners to a staff of almost 600 real estate professionals nationwide with regional offices in Atlanta; Austin; Charlotte; Dallas/Ft. Worth; Denver; Houston; Southern California; San Antonio; and, Washington, D.C. Stream currently has more than 120 million square feet of assignments across the nation; completes over $1.6 billion in real estate transactions annually; and is considered one of the most active investors and developers in the real estate industry. www.streamrealty.com.