Matthew (Matt) Lerner is an Executive Vice President with Stream Realty Partners’ Chicago office. Specializing in agency leasing, Matt has represented some of Chicago’s most notable repositioning projects in the central business district. Matt’s creative tactical expertise and branding strategies have resulted in drastic turnarounds in leasing for his clients over a short period of time. His past and current clients include top owners in the Chicago market including KBS, John Hancock Life Insurance Co, Gerding Edlen, SLATE, Equity Group Investments, The Hearn Company and 601 West Associates.
Prior to joining Stream, Matt was a member of the Chicago Cushman & Wakefield team and joined the firm as part of their acquisition of J.F. McKinney & Associates. Matt has over 12 years of experience representing owners as an agency leasing broker. During his career Matt has frequently been recognized by the commercial real estate industry for his performance and was most recently nominated for the Greater Chicago Food Depository Office Broker of the Year Award in 2020.
Matt, originally from Omaha, NE, moved to Chicago in 2005 after graduating from the University of Wisconsin- Madison with a double major in Journalism and Communications. Matt and his wife, Ali along with his son Nash and daughter Kinzie reside in Deerfield with their 2 dogs Posey and Dexter. Matt is an active basketball player and sports fan and loves coaching his kid’s sports teams when away from the office.
- The Hearn Company
- John Hancock Life Insurance Co. (USA)
- Gerding Edlen
- Equity Group Investments
- Bachelor of Science in Journalism, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Arts, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Affiliations & Designations
- Nominated for Greater Chicago Food Depository Office Broker of the Year Award – 2013, 2014
- Member of the Young Office Brokers Association (YOBA)
- Member of the Chicago Office Leasing Brokers Association (COLBA)