TREC Consumer Protection Notice

Consumer Protection Notice

The Texas Real Estate Commision (TREC) regulates real estate brokers and sales agents, real estate inspectors, home warranty companies, easement and right-of-way agents and timeshare interest providers.

You can find more information and check the status of a license holder at

You can send a complaint against a license holder to TREC. A complaint form is available on the TREC website.

Trec adminsters two recovery funds which may be used to satisfy a civil court judgement against a broker, sales agent, real estate inspector, ore easement or right-of-way agent, if certain requirements are met.

If you have any questions or issues about hea activities of a license holder, the complaint process or the recovery funds, please visit the website or contact TREC at:

Texas Real Estate Commission
P.O. Box 12188
Austin, Texas 78711-2188


Texas Real Estate Commission Information About Brokerage Service
Austin | Central Texas | Fort Worth | Houston